Guidelines for distributing custom Shiny inputs/bindings in a package?

I've peeked at existing packages (e.g. {shinyWidgets}) to see how others have done this, but I'm also keen on reading guidelines on how to best distribute custom Shiny bindings/inputs/outputs via a package. There seem to be quite a few ways to do this.

Some steps are fairly straight-forward, like where to place the JS and CSS files (e.g. via /inst/assets/...), and registering input handlers in the package's .onLoad() routine. But for other steps, particularly where & how to register Shiny's resource path to those JS/CSS files, it's a little less clear. There can be a 'registration' step that the application author needs to make (e.g. a useTheseFiles() call as part of the UI construction), but it's also possible for the package to handle some of this itself, and I'm wondering what the accepted best-practices are (if any).

Do folks here know of any good resources for this?

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.