gvisMotionChart From googleVis is not working any suggestion?

M1 <- gvisMotionChart(Fruits, idvar="Fruit", timevar="Year")
plot(M1)

Hi @bkaniskan,

First off, I'm gonna go ahead and move this out of RStudio IDE and into General, since it's not related to the IDE itself.

The best way to get effective help here is by turning your code into a reprex (short for minimal reproducible example)? That way, we can see what is and is not happening when you run the code you've put above. Even if nothing is happening at all, people need the data (presumably Fruits in order to try and reproduce what's going on for you with gvisMotionChart.

It will help us help you if we can be sure we're all working with/looking at the same stuff.

If you've never heard of a reprex before, you might want to start by reading the tidyverse.org help page. The reprex dos and don'ts are also useful.

For pointers specific to the community site, check out the reprex FAQ, linked to below.

Hello @mara
thanks for your response.

• Sorry I did not know about reprex () and this is my first post and I am a beginner R learner :slight_smile: Please see below but I get error message using reprex in my console.(No input provided and clipboard is not available.
    Unable to put result on the clipboard. How to get it:* Capture what reprex() returns.Use outfile = "foo" to request output in specific file. * See the temp file:))

• I posted this error under RStudio IDE because of this announcement from RStudio, sorry for posting it in the wrong place

• I have 2 problems : **separate tab not in R StudioViewer Panel ** and blank tab

• Regarding:

it is my understanding that Fruits data is in googleVis package

library(reprex)
library(googleVis)
M1 <- gvisMotionChart(Fruits, idvar="Fruit", timevar="Year")
plot(M1)
reprex()

Looks like there's an issue with gvisMotionCharts() in the googleVis package repo:

@mara
thanks
One of my friend successfully was able to run the code, do not know why it is not working or this bug issue with the package. Were you able to run it?

Also, why am I getting that error message with reprex? What can I do about it? I saw the similar issue, again I am new learner.

The code runs fine for me, but I just get the html and javascript for the chart, and nothing actually shows up. It's in a tab outside of RStudio. So, I don't know what's up.

If reprex doesn't have access to your clipboard, you can still render it by saving your script and then giving it an outfile to write to.

The options and steps involved in making a reprex are really well described in the resources linked to in the posts I referenced above, and are aimed at beginners. It's just a matter of taking the time to go through them closely.

I believe the ones below are in the resources in Jesse's post (as I shared them with her as well, but:

A quick helpful overview of the package and how to use it in this video. (The most relevant material starts ~10:40).

You can also see the slides from that video here:

@mara

1. thanks for the reprex resources and I will study them to figure out how to work it out If reprex doesn’t have access to my clipboard. I will listen this video and just started to follow the open and prior closed issue others reported on this topic on GitHub #173 and trying to understand @jennybryan. I have rmarkdown::pandoc_version of ‘1.19.2.1’ and could not even install devtools::install_github("tidyverse/reprex@pandoc-quiet") . Got error :frowning_face: , will study more....
  2. Re: gvisMotionCharts() in the googleVis, it looks like you had the same problem I did. The code generates a separate tab outside RStudio and also it is a blank tab. Correct ? Does this issue have anything to do with RStudio announcement??

thanks

If it works in R, but not in RStudio, then that's possible, but you'd have to test it out to see.

Try updating your Flash settings. See solution steps for Chrome:

1 Like

Thank you @shingai! That worked for me I was stuck with the same exact issue.

1 Like