having Rstudio installation issues

I have downloaded the newest version of R from cran.r-project.org. When i go to download Rstudio it seems to download fine, so i go through the steps to install it. once it says it is installed i click finish but the program does not open. I try to open the program by clicking on it, but then it just keeps making me go through the installation process. i have deleted and uninstalled everything and then re-downloaded it. I have gone online and tried to find a solution but nothing i do works. I need it for one of my statistics class. any suggestions to how i can get it to install on my computer?

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop or Server)
  • RStudio Version:
  • OS Version:
  • R Version:
  • Output your diagnostics report (if possible):

From RStudio Desktop Will Not Start on support.rstudio.com

During the install process you are asked where you want RStudio to be installed.
I think you are also asked during this process if you want to create a shortcut on your desktop.
Use the shortcut to start RStudio or go with the explorer (assuming Windows) to the folder where it was installed (remember the question asked during install) and double-click the RStudio exe file.
It seems that you are trying to execute the downloaded install file.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.