Hazen probability paper(a type of a-axis scale) used in ggplot2

Question

Can ggplot2 set its x-axis(based on Hazen probability paper) just like this?

Hazen probability paper

Hazen probability paper is a kind of hydrological frequency curve based on normal distribution. The normal frequency curve is a regular S-shaped curve on ordinary lattice paper as curve ①. And the x-axis I need to use is generated by pulling the standard normal frequency curve(S-shaped curve) into a straight line as curve ②.

Click here to see the sample plot.

Use for

I want to use this kind of paper(or x-axis scale) to draw P-III curve on it. The data of P-III curve is mainly flow(Q(m3/s)) with its probabilities(P(%)) as the above plot shows.

Could you be a little more specific? if you are talking about the minor tick marks then here is a SO answerd that its a little "hacky" but works

The description has been updated. I suppose the minor tick marks are more useful when figuring out how to make the x-axis. I'm sorry for incomplete description.

Thanks for your warm tips. I'm afraid this question is not a duplicate post. The updated information may answer your confusion.

1. This type of x-axis is Hazen probability paper.
  2. In arithmetic probability paper (APP), the normal distribution curve is ogive (S-shaped curve on arithmetic paper)
  3. I want to use this kind of paper(or x-axis scale) to draw P-III curve on it. The data of P-III curve is mainly flow(Q(m3/s)) with its probabilities(P(%)) as the above plot shows.

More information about Hazen probability paper:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.