Help install package

I am trying to install a package: tidyverse. However, it's asking me to install Rtools. Then I did. However, the same error message came up. Could you advise me on how to install tidyverse? I install/uninstall multiple times already. My soft is Windows 10.

install.packages("tidyverse")
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Warning in install.packages :
'lib = "C:/Program Files/R/R-3.5.3/library"' is not writable
Error in install.packages : unable to install packages

RTools has to match your R version, since you are using an old R version you have to download a suitable RTools version from here:

Also, this message is telling you that you don't have write permissions on that folder, so you have to run Rstudio as administrator.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help.

I installed "R 3.5.3 (March 2019)" so, I installed Rtools 35.exe no.
Again, when I tried to install tidyverse, an error message came up. Could you advise me on how to become an administrator for Rstudio?

install.packages("tidyverse")
'lib = "C:/Program Files/R/R-3.5.3/library"' is not writable
cannot create dir 'C:\Users\user\OneDrive??????', reason 'Invalid argument'
Error in install.packages : unable to create ‘C:/Users/user/OneDrive/??????/R/win-library/3.5’

Right-click on the RStudio icon and choose "Run as administrator", something like this

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.