Help me get my project back - froze then wiped everything

I have been working on a project for a couple of months...
Today was going well, then I tried opening up a large csv. It was taking a very long time to load it, and seemed to freeze. So I clicked the stop sign. Then it reopened the page and wiped everything in my project!

Environment... Console...
All my saved data seems to be gone.
I can reopen the smaller csv. But all the data and values in my global environment are gone. I don't know what to do, I spent a lot of time running stats. It was fine at 3:30pm today pacific time... now it's all GONE.

Please, help me get my data back?

Hi, and welcome!

I have heard reports that work-in-progress was recovered after this type of problems but I don't think you can rely on it always happening that way. I'm reliably told that the RStudio Cloud team actively monitor posts with this tag and respond. I don't know how long to expect, though.

For future reference

Please see the FAQ: What's a reproducible example (`reprex`) and how do I do one? Using a reprex, complete with representative data will attract quicker and more answers.

I don't know if I should post a link to my project. I hope someone on the team can reach out to me.
I tried opening an old saved workspace from over a month ago, and it was there, but I just need the one I was working on today.

I understand the frustration. If it is a wrenching situation to be in. I'm not certain, but it may be possible for the RStudio Cloud support team to check your project with minimal information such as username and the last digit of the project. However much as I wish that I could offer you an informed guess on how long it will take them to come to your aid, I just can't.

(I was reached out to by Omar from the support team on another post, will wait to see if it can be resolved.)

1 Like

Hi Natalie,

Can you please post your project URL?

Omar Baba
RStudio cloud

1 Like

https://rstudio.cloud/project/977729
Hi Omar, thank you for reaching out! I really hope this can be fixed.

1 Like

Hi Natalie,

I took a look at your project and I couldn't find any files in it. Could you please provide answers to the following questions in order to better diagnose what happened in your case:

1. What was running when your project froze? Was it an R file or an RMD, etc.? Or was it some R commands that you were running in the console (at the prompt)?

2. If you were running code from a file, was that file ever saved?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.