Help solving 'there is no package called 'png'' - Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘GSVA’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]): there is no package called ‘png’

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘GSVA’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
 there is no package called ‘png’

have tried install.packages("png")

but get the following error:

1 error generated.
make: *** [read.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘png’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2/Resources/library/png’
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘png’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
	‘/private/var/folders/3m/h7n5_xtd1kz3xm1pww2bkh640000gn/T/RtmpxDvxeF/downloaded_packages’

What can I do? Thank you so much

Try again, and this time when you are offered the opportunity to install a more recent version from source, just say no.

non-zero exit status that the attempt to compile the source code failed, as it often does in macOS because of its non-standard compiler toolchain. So, if it doesn't work the first time, it's not going to work without more time trouble and effort that most people using R are able or willing to put in.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.