Help to modify forest plot

Hello, I'm new here and I hope someone can help me to solve a problem.

I have created a forest plot for prognostic factor meta-regression.
Here you see the forest plot:

And I used this script:
forest(REM_2, common = FALSE, random = TRUE, fontsize = 9, xlab = "OR male vs. female", col.diamond.random = 'steelblue', prediction = TRUE, col.predict = 'light grey')

In the plot the "TE" an d seTE are displayed. My question: how can I rename these words into "Coeff."" and "SE"?

Regards, Bob

Hi, welcome!

We don't really have enough info to help you out. Could you ask this with a minimal REPRoducible EXample (reprex)? A reprex makes it much easier for others to understand your issue and figure out how to help.

If you've never heard of a reprex before, you might want to start by reading this FAQ:

Thank you for your reaction.

Here the full script used:

# Install packages ----

install.packages(c('meta', 'metasens'))
install.packages('metafor')

# Loading packages ----
library('meta')
library('metasens')
library('metafor')

# Print all results with two significant digits: 
settings.meta(digits= 2)

# Loading dataset ----

install.packages("readxl")
library("readxl")
my_data <- read_excel("Pilot data-analysis 1.xlsx")

# setting data to numeric ----

class(my_data$Coeff)
my_data$Coeff <- as.numeric(my_data$Coeff)
class(my_data$CI_LL)
my_data$CI_LL <- as.numeric(my_data$CI_LL)
class(my_data$CI_UL)
my_data$CI_UL <- as.numeric(my_data$CI_UL)
class(my_data$SE)
my_data$SE <- as.numeric(my_data$SE)

# Estimating REM ----
REM_2 <- metagen(TE = Coeff, seTE = SE, studlab = Study, data = my_data, sm = 'OR', random = TRUE, backtransf = TRUE)
REM_2

# Making a forest plot ----
forest(REM_2, common = FALSE, random = TRUE, fontsize = 9, xlab = "OR male vs. female", col.diamond.random = 'steelblue', prediction = TRUE, col.predict = 'light grey')
?forest

The dataset is an Excel file and can't be send as attachment. Can I send it to you by email?

i don't accept excel files by email; but besides, it wouldnt help progress your issue.

If you don't have a problem with loading your initial data and preparing it to some point ; you should exclude everything leading up to that point as being unnecessary. a reprex, should be 'minimal'.
You can follow the guide and learn how to provide your data in a forum acceptable way. dput() or datapasta() etc.
This will improve your chances of your receiving support.

also, the guide covers formatting your code as code. I will go ahead and edit your post to reflect that, but it would be best if you did it yourself going forward

I have tried to work with replex. Unfortunately, it failed.
I 've got the following message:
Rendering reprex...
Error: This reprex appears to crash R
Call reprex() again with std_out_err = TRUE to get more info

Can you give me advise to solve this error?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.