Help with a strange Error messsage

Hi, I keep receiving this error message and no matter how many times I review the data or edit the csv file, I still have the same error message.

Error in scan(file = file, what = what, sep = sep, quote = quote, dec = dec, :
line 17 did not have 6 elements

It seems like line 17 of your file does not have the same number of column as the previous one when they are separated using sep

You'll need to check that. Without anymore information it is difficult to help you

If you want further help, could you ask this with a minimal REPRoducible EXample (reprex)? A reprex makes it much easier for others to understand your issue and figure out how to help.

1 Like

Hi, I tried the reprex package, and have read up on it. It sounds great - thank you for pointing me in that direction. However, I have received another error when trying to Render the Reprex.

Loading required package: shiny
Error in x[[n]] : 
  attempt to select less than one element in integerOneIndex

Have you got any clue what this is telling me?

It seems like you are trying to render a shiny app in your reprex, this is not actually posible, try to isolate just the part of your code that is causing you troubles and put that in your reprex instead of the whole code (make sure to also provide sample data i.e. a csv file).

For shiny app there is a special article,

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.