Hierarchical / K means clustering

For discussions related to modeling, machine learning and deep learning. Related packages include caret, modelr, yardstick, rsample, parsnip, tensorflow, keras, cloudml, and tfestimators.

Hi my dear friends,
Please accept my apologies that this Question is without codes or without trials. It's just a question that i need links or reference to start. I know about hierarchical clustering and k means clustering. but for variables separated whether they were categorical or continuous. if i have a data set of customers with mixture of variables continuous and categorical. How can i segment / cluster customers based on these mix of variables. Please i need your advises :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance

Here's a discussion on this topic. The example is with data describing college/universities, where some variables able continuous and some categorical.

It's also helpful to check out the CRAN views page on clustering packages. It appears to have been recently updated. There's a few packages there that explicitly mention mixed-type data that have recently updates and vignettes.

1 Like

Thanks bro :slight_smile: