Hosting a Shiny App with a personal library

Dear all,

I was wondering if it is possible to host a Shiny APP in the Shiny App servers when you have a library that you built yourself and is not necessarily on the CRAN. Is there a way to add your library "tar" file to the project folder and make R use the functions that were built in such library?

I thought packrat would do the job to recreate the current envrionment, including local packages that are not on the CRAN. However when I try to deploy it, I get the following error:

Error: Unhandled Exception: HTTP 599: Timeout
Package 'MYPERSONALPACKAGE was installed from sources; Packrat will assume this package is available from a CRAN-like repository during future restores

Anyone had this issues before? any workaround in mind? I did some online wearch but havn't come up with a solution.

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi, yes, you can build the package in your IDE, like this:

Then, you can copy the tar file over, and then, in a terminal session on your Shiny server install the package, here are a couple of links: Building and installing an R package, https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/200663577-Novice-R-user-installing-from-tar-gz-file