Hosting R Markdown html documents online

I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive, business solution for hosting R Markdown html documents (and others) online? R Studio Connect is unfortunately too expensive for that purpose only, but maybe somebody else could recommend something else?

If all you want to host html documents then why not use blogdown? It is essentially a free solution since then you might need to pay for hosting with Netlify or something, but it's not expensive.

RMarkdown outputs HTML, so you can host anywhere that lets you do that. GitHub is very convenient if you are already using it for source control. I host my blog and other projects documentation there for free.

There is also rpubs which lets you push from RStudio itself and is also free. I prefer the former since you can add a custom domain name, but for pure hosting Rpubs hosts online super quickly.

Yeah, I know those tools but we're looking for a business solution for these purposes. I came across this: https://about.modeanalytics.com/, but I'm looking for something even simpler: work offline in R Studio, render my report as html, do a git push and make the document available online as if I just opened it in the browser on my computer. Any ideas on that?

Does your company have an (internal) server you could use to host the HTML documents? A simple web-server would suffice, probably. (Alternatively you could also install open source Shiny server and host them using that).

Yes, that actually would work I think. I wish though that RStudio could offer a simplified & cheaper version of R Studio Connect will fewer bells and whistles.

work offline in R Studio, render my report as html, do a git push and make the document available online as if I just opened it in the browser on my computer. Any ideas on that?

Thats what GitHub does - you configure to make sure the generated html appears in the folder you designated by GitHub for your website (usually /docs)