- Suppose you want to track and get notifications about a topic thread that interests you.
- Suppose you have been getting notifications about a topic thread, and now you want to silence it.
RStudio Community uses discourse to run this forum, which gives you a number of options to closely-track or completely-mute the notifications you receive about a thread.
How do you change your notifications?
At the bottom of the topic thread there is a menu-button you may use to change your thread-tracking settings.
- Watching: You will be notified of every new reply in this topic, and a count of new replies will be shown.
- Tracking: A count of new replies will be shown for this topic. You will be notified if someone menthions your @name or replies to you.
- Normal: You will be notified if someone mentions your @name or replies to you.
- Muted: You will never be notified of anything about this topic, and it will not appear in your "latest" feed.