How do I fix these error messages?

Hello R Community,
I'm working on my first analysis and have been trying to figure out how to get rid of these error messages. (see below) How can I get past this? Or do I need to restart and go back to Excel? I previously worked on the csv through Excel using power query and saved it as an xlsx.
Any help/ advice is appreciated!

library(readxl)
setwd("~/Desktop/r studio xlsx")
Oct21 <- read_xlsx("oct21-bikeshare.xlsx")
There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first 50)
Nov21 <- read_xlsx("nov21-bikeshare.xlsx")
There were 37 warnings (use warnings() to see them)
Dec21 <- read_xlsx("dec21-bikeshare.xlsx")
Jan22 <- read_xlsx("jan22-bikeshare.xlsx")
Feb22 <- read_xlsx("feb22-bikeshare.xlsx")
March22 <- read_xlsx("march22-bikeshare.xlsx")
Warning messages:
1: Expecting date in N184214 / R184214C14: got '###############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################'
2: Expecting date in N187391 / R187391C14: got '###############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################'
April22 <- read_excel("april22-bikeshare.xlsx")
May22 <- read_xlsx("may22-bikeshare.xlsx")
Warning message:
Expecting date in N592387 / R592387C14: got '###############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################'
June22 <- read_xlsx("june22-bikeshare.xlsx")
There were 12 warnings (use warnings() to see them)
July22 <- read_xlsx("july22-bikeshare.xlsx")
There were 16 warnings (use warnings() to see them)
Aug22 <- read_xlsx("aug22-bikeshare.xlsx")
There were 15 warnings (use warnings() to see them)
Sep22 <- read_xlsx("sep22-bikeshare.xlsx")
There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first 50)

First, you are getting Warnings and not Errors. The difference is important because a Warning does not stop the execution of the function while an Error will. So, you should have a data frame named March22. It might not be useful, but it might be.
The first thing I would do is open the file march22-bikeshare.xlsx and look at the cell R184214C14. That is, I suppose, N184214. Does it really contain a long string of #? Do you have Excel or another program that can open the file?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.