How do I get 'R' to split into the 4 quadrants

Hi! I'm quite new to 'R' but am taking a data science class and one of the things we're learning about is 'R'. I have a Mac and downloaded version 4.0.3 of 'R'. My professor was showing his screen in a recent class and it breaks things into 4 quadrants (top left quadrant: typing in commands, bottom right quadrant has things like graphs, for example) but when I launch 'R' I only get essentially 1 quadrant that takes up the screen (place to type in commands). How does one get the screen to split into those 4 quadrants?

Thanks!

Sounds like you installed R (the language) and now want RStudio the IDE

Very likely your professor is using RStudio, an IDE for the R programming language.

Thanks, Calum and Andres!

quick follow-up question from the link Andres sent....In terms of the free options listed on there, do you recommend R Studio Desktop or R Studio Server?

That depends, Do you want to install it on your personal computer or on a headless server?

Hi Andres: it would be for my personal computer

Then the more sensical choice would be to use the desktop version.

Thanks and thanks again for sending that link earlier as well!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.