How do I know which version works on my computer:

Hello people, I am trying to install a Rstudio desktop version on my computer, but it doesn't work. My laptop is a Macbook pro Mid 2009 with a Macos Catalina Patch, but even the earliest versions aren't working. I don't know what problem it may be, it appears a message of "unable to locate R binary by scanning standard locations". Please Help me out!

Just to rule out the basics, since you haven't specified this. Have you also installed R in your system? Have in mind that RStudio doesn't come with R bundled, you have to install it separately.

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/

I tried to install in my computer, but don’t know it worked completely. I followed the instructions my professor gave me to instal. I clicked the option it was free and that was directed to my software. In this case, rstudio, not R per se

Rstudio is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the R programming language, it doesn't work by itself, you need to have R installed in your system first.

Oh I didn’t know that, I’ll do it and let you know later the aftermath.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.