How do I summarise multiple table into a new table

I have 4 separate files about calories separately by daily, hourly, minutesnarrow and minutes wide.

I got the summary done for each of this table.

Now I want to compare the calories by time by merging or summarise all the four tables, how do I do that?

I have defined/distinct the columns in each table.
I want to understand to make the code chunk for this. I am newcomer

Hi!

To help us help you, could you please prepare a reproducible example (reprex) illustrating your issue? Please have a look at this guide, to see how to create one:

hourly_calories %>%
  select(ActivityHour, Calories) %>%
  drop_na() %>%
  summary()
daily_calories %>%
  select(ActivityDay, Calories) %>%
  drop_na() %>%
  summary()
minutes_caloriesNarrow %>%
  select(ActivityMinute, Calories) %>%
  drop_na() %>% 
  summary()

minutes_caloriesWide %>%
  select(ActivityHour, Calories00, Calories01, Calories02, Calories03, Calories04, Calories05, Calories06) %>%
  drop_na() %>% 
  summary()

I have downloaded reprex as told by you. the above code chunk has been run down. I want to define the data by calories by daily, hourly and by minutes

That is not what I meant, I'm asking you for a reproducible example (not just to download the reprex package) and we can't reproduce your problem without sample data.

Please read the guide on the link I gave you before and try to provide a proper reproducible example.

the reply you sent meant to put. "datapasta::df_paste" this with the data I am working right?

But what if the data I want to share is quite large.

or do I need to copy the data after run down of the code chunk and paste it here?

If practical, yes, but you can also use any made-up data that can illustrate your problem.

Use a subset of it, just large enough to illustrate your issue.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with this

lets play around with a 'simpler' version of what you want to do;
to simplify the discussion, lets imagine that you have daily and weekly data; which is 7 into 1 (a smaller number and easier to write out examples of than 60 min into 24 hours days...)

set.seed(42)
(xmpl_df <- expand_grid(day=1:7,week=1:2) |> 
  mutate(some_measured_value=rnorm(14)))

(day_smry <- xmpl_df |> 
  group_by(day) |> 
    summarise(across(some_measured_value,
                     list(mean=mean))))
(week_smry <- xmpl_df |> 
  group_by(week) |>
    summarise(across(some_measured_value,
                     list(mean=mean))))

How do you think you want to present these two tables which are analogous to your three?
stack them vertically ? stack them horizontally with some sort of alignment ?

hey so basically it is the bellabeat project capstone files. what I have done is summarise

daily_calories
hourly_calories
minutes_caloriesNarrow
minutes_caloriesWide

all of these 4 separate read_csv file have columns defined, distinct and summarise. colnames I can share here

or for instance I want to do summarise the column hourly, by minutes and daily. how should I go by.

I wish someone was there with me in person. I am home bound and no one knows R in my circle of friend :frowning:

now I wanted these four tables to be merged into one to define calories variation from minutes to hourly to daily

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.