How many users can use this app at once?

I have a shiny app with some interative elements (questions, graphs etc). If i want to share this with a class of students, how many students would be able to use the app at the same time?
https://ydunga.shinyapps.io/ncertgrade5/?_ga=2.235279561.919936525.1602098024-881785824.1599557802

It's basically impossible to know — it depends completely on what your app does and how efficiently has been implemented. The best thing to do is to learn a little about shinyloadtest so that you can empirically verify how many users it can handle simultaneously (and learn where some of the the bottlenecks are)

Thank you Hadley. I will try out loadtest. Can i ask, if my app does not include any interactive use elements and is meant purely for visual browsing, does that mean it can be 'seen' by any number of users?

If it's just a static html page, then you don't need to host it on shinyapps, and it can be viewed by a very large number of people simultaneously.

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.