How to best best structure larger microservices in Plumber?

Thank you very much - that's definitely very helpful and will enable us move forward with building up that architecture!

Actually, I'll take this opportunity and ask a couple more questions to clear things up completely:

• API timing - I posted another question under this link regarding big, unexplainable discrepancies in timing my API: Plumber APIs timing - big discrepancies between R Studio Connect and local runs. Could you please take a look at that too?

• filters - I completely understand the role of a filter as e.g.: a check to verify whether an authorised request is made, but other than that I have a bit of an issue understanding their utility and how they 'cooperate' with endpoints. Are you able to make a couple more practical examples (other than in the official documentation) when they can be useful?

• articles/ blog posts/ books - could you recommend any of the following that discuss building up APIs from individual microservices into larger architectures? Generally, I would like to get a better grip of it and it doesn't necessarily have to be in R. Looking any for well-written and practical guides

• plumber documentation - still some very important pieces of the official plumber documentation remain empty: testing, organising large applications, performance etc. Since plumber is now becoming a major part of the entire R production ecosystem are you guys planning to complete those? I think it would be a vital source of information for many R users :slight_smile:

Thank you!

2 Likes