How to connect to Workday RaaS report from RStudio

Hi,
I am new to R programming.
I work on Workday ERP system. I need to connect to Workday REST API (RaaS report) from RStudio.
Could you please provide the steps to get the data from RaaS into R studio.
My Workday RaaS call details like this:
https://wd5-impl-services1.workday.com/ccx/service/customreport2/Accenture/Deepa/INT164b_All_India_Work_Schedule_Calendars?format=csv

I have username and password to connect to it.

Could you please guide me the details to how to connect to Workday and suggest if i need to install any packages in R.

I expect this should work for downloading the file (but hard to be sure having never used that API):

library(httr)
url <- "https://wd5-impl-services1.workday.com/ccx/service/customreport2/Accenture/Deepa/INT164b_All_India_Work_Schedule_Calendars?format=csv"
username <- "your_username"
password <- "your_password"
my_csv <- GET(url, authenticate(username, password))

Then you can use one of these to read the content (depending on your taste):

read.csv(text = my_csv)
readr::read_csv(my_csv)
data.table::fread(text = my_csv)

Be very careful not to include your username and password in a git-saved file, if necessary put them in a separate file listed in .gitignore and read the content using source().

Of course, you can build the url using paste0() or other functions.

Hi Alexis - thanks for your help. I'm trying to accomplish this too, using a similar url and my own username/password, but get the following error:

Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) : 
  Failure when receiving data from the peer

Any idea what I'd be getting that error?

Hi jk3234, first, since your question is different from the previous one I would recommend starting a new thread.

As to your problem, sorry, I have no idea, you could try using url() which seems to have worked here. Also, are you in exactly the same case as above, with an API that expects a GET request, do you have a proxy or antivirus that could restrict the connection, etc... ?

Okay thanks, I'll start a new thread.

But yes, same situation, also trying to access WD RaaS report. No proxy or antivirus that I'm aware that would restrict the connection.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.