How to create R package

I want to create an R package with this code. https://bl.ocks.org/mbhall88/126b3c2c54215b4d1ffbd2d778ce3973#data.tsv.
This file contains all the code needed to recreate collapsible tree. I've no experise of js and want to use this in Rstudio.

it is similar to the graph which is in collapsible tree in Rstudio. https://adeelk93.github.io/collapsibleTree/

At its simplest, an R package is any directory containing a file called DESCRIPTION. There's more to it, of course to do anything useful. A careful read of R Packages will get you through the details, and is probably worth buying in paper if you plan on doing this often.

Thankyou so much for your response. If you have done this before can you please help me in utilizing this JS code to create R package?

1 Like

Well, after years of avoiding it, I was finally about to create a package to gather up all my miscellaneous functions for I wouldn't have to search all over for them. We could work together along those lines.

The javascript part of it is thankfully easy if you like the way that collapsibleTree tree works--it's just a matter

install.packages("collapsibleTree")

and making that a dependency.

If you'll take the first cut with an empty project following the Wickham book, so we can track each other, this will be a good learning experience for both of us.

It's late here in Seattle, WA USA and I'm about to turn in for the night. When you're ready, just edit one of your posts and it will automagically pop up in my unread folder here.

1 Like

Hey.. Great I really want to work on this. I'll start working on this from today. let me know when is the most convenient time to you for discussion

1 Like

The last time I used JS was 1996. I don’t think I’m going to be taking it up again, sadly. Probably best creating new post titled something like

Help using JavaScript with Shiny

With the appropriate tags to guide attention

Good luck.

1 Like

Alright I'll do that too. Thank-you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.