How to create signup page

Good day Shiny Experts,
please can someone assist me on how to create signup page with username and password.

Thanks

Hi,

Can you provide a bit more detail on the purpose of the app you're building and why users need to sign-up or in?

The paid version of RStudio server had this feature built-in I think, but you could build something similar for free with the shinyauthr package for example.

The security of these approaches is probably not as good as industry standards, so I wouldn't use it for highly sensitive data...

Hope this helps,
PJ

1 Like

Hello Pieterjanc,

I'm work on HR application where employee can signup and create his profile and sign in and HR can view all employees profile.

Thanks

Hi,

If this is only to be used withing the company's internal network, it seems that using the shinyauthr as described above seems to be safe. If you are planning to have outside access, I think you should discuss this with the IT department to verify the security, or consider the pro-version of the server.

PJ

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.