How to debug an issue with the Quarto pdf viewer pane?

I have been using R Markdown (and extensions) for a while now, and I have not had any issues with it--using R Markdown I can build and preview PDF documents normally.

However, I've recently started switching to Quarto to take advantage of some of the new features. I've tried rendering to HTML already, and that seems to work great. However, when I render to PDF, the viewer pane shows a blank document. (Image included below.) When I open the PDF using either the localhost link or just opening the PDF document, it looks like a normal PDF that I would expect based on the .qmd file.

So, I guess the issue is probably something with my RStudio setup. I am running RStudio 2022.02.1 Build 461 with the latest installation of Quarto from the website on Windows 10. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can debug what's going on here?

You could also ask here : Discussions · quarto-dev/quarto-cli (github.com)

2 Likes

Can you try to update to latest daily version of RStudio to see if this is fixed ? https://dailies.rstudio.com/

thanks

I updated to the daily build and also updated quarto (I thought I had the latest build, but I guess not). I am still having the same problem with the preview pane.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.