How to Debug Rstudio?

I am trying to compile and debug RStudio. I was able to compile using the instructions here https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/blob/master/dependencies/windows/README.md but I am having issue trying to debug.

When I launch RStudio, I am getting the error "127.0.0.1" refused to connect.

I saw many people having this issue in related topics, but couldn't figure out why it's happening to me. Do I need to a localhost server or something before starting to debug?

I get the same issue on Linux.

It is the same as this post:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Here is the full log with diagnostics (it gets stuck on attempting to initialize R session):

nathan@DESKTOP-11K24O9:/mnt/e/build-rstudio-Desktop_Qt_5_12_6_GCC_64bit-Release/src/cpp/desktop$ ./rstudio --run-diagnostics
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-nathan'

Using R script: /usr/bin/R

Attempting to launch R session...
R_HOME=/usr/lib/R
R_DOC_DIR=/usr/share/R/doc
R_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/share/R/include
R_SHARE_DIR=/usr/share/R/share
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/R/lib::/lib:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/lib/server
PATH=/home/nathan/.yarn/bin:/home/nathan/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/.bin:/home/nathan/.yarn/bin:/home/nathan/.config/yarn/global/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/mnt/c/Perl64/site/bin:/mnt/c/Perl64/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Oracle/Java/javapath:/mnt/c/Windows/system32:/mnt/c/Windows:/mnt/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/mnt/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/:/mnt/c/Windows/System32/OpenSSH/:/mnt/c/Program Files/Docker/Docker/resources/bin:/mnt/c/ProgramData/DockerDesktop/version-bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/dotnet/:/mnt/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_211/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/Git/cmd:/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Windows Performance Toolkit/:/mnt/c/HashiCorp/Vagrant/bin:/mnt/c/Users/natha/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps:/mnt/c/Users/natha/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS Code/bin:/mnt/c/Qt/5.12.7/msvc2017_64/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/CMake/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/bin/Hostx64/x64:/mnt/c/R/R-3.5.0/bin/x64:/mnt/c/apache-ant-1.9.14/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_241/bin:/mnt/c/Qt/5.12.6/msvc2017_64/bin:/mnt/c/Program Files/Vim/vim82:/mnt/c/Users/natha/AppData/Local/GitHubDesktop/bin:/mnt/c/HashiCorp/Vagrant/bin:/snap/bin
HOME=/home/nathan

R session launched, attempting to connect on port 8534...
shared memfd open() failed: Function not implemented

Connected to R session, attempting to initialize...