How to display points with NA values geom_sf() or geom_point()

Hello!

I am trying to visualize some spatial data with categories that have some NA values. But I keep getting the warning message telling me that it has removed rows containing missing values.

Warning message:
Removed 7 rows containing missing values (geom_sf).

However, it still shows that there are NA values in the category, but doesn't plot them, as shown below.

I want ggplot to plot the location of those points but assign them to that NA category that has a grey color value. I tried na.rm = F, but that's a default parameter, and I don't see a way to tell it not to remove those points from the plot.

Here is my code:

tp.plot <- ggplot() + 
  geom_sf(data=cb1) +
  geom_sf(data=sf.cat, aes(col=TP_CAT, size=PTL), na.rm=F) +
  labs(title = "Total Phosphorus (PTL, mg/L)")

Where cb1 is an sf of the shoreline and sf.cat is an sf with the data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Hey there,

you can add a manual color scale to your plot using scale_color_manual. There you will need to define the factor levels of TP_Cat in breaks, the respective colors in values as well as labels and can also add a na.value color.
See

?ggplot2::scale_color_manual

Please let us know whether it worked or not and how your code looked in the end.

Best,
Valentin

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.