How to download a file to the "Download" folder in shiny web? The code provided works fine in my local shinyApp but when it goes live on Shiny web it does not work.

observeEvent(input$select_yes, {
    data$raw$screened_abstracts[progress$row] <- "DONE"
    data$raw$time_screened[progress$row] <- Sys.time()

filename <- paste(paste0(data$raw$recordid.[progress$row],"_", data$raw$id[progress$row],
                             "_",Sys.time()),"csv", sep = ".")

filePath <- file.path("~/Downloads", filename)
     write.csv(data$raw[progress$row,], filePath, row.names = FALSE, quote = TRUE)

if(input$hide_screened){ # progress$current remains the same and progress$available changes
      progress$available <- which(is.na(data$raw$screened_abstracts))
      progress$max_n <- length(progress$available)
      if(progress$current > progress$max_n){
        progress$current <- progress$max_n
      }
    }else{ # i.e. if screened elements are visible, then current is used for navigation
      if(progress$current < progress$max_n){
        progress$current <- progress$current + 1
      }
    }
  })

I think there is confusion here.
You appear to be directly writing a file to a location on your local.machine. this is conceptually only possible when the shiny server and the client machine are the same. If you want things to download via a browser you will need a download button and down load handler.
https://shiny.rstudio.com/reference/shiny/1.5.0/downloadButton.html

Thank you very much. That is very true however I wanted it to perform the function I wanted and thought there might be ideas when I posted it but seems its not possible in ShinyApp. I eventually had to specify this using the download button for now, perhaps someone might have some ideas.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.