How to force installation of a package that does not have a latest version

I have the recent R Studio version and I am trying to install a package for microbiome data analysis.
The package does not have a new version for the R Studio version I am using. I tried to install it from the source but I got a warning. These are the command that I used for the installation:

library(devtools)
install_github("umerijaz/microbiomeSeq")
library(microbiomeSeq)

The warning from IDE:
Skipping install of 'microbiomeSeq' from a github remote, the SHA1 (ffa00906) has not changed since last install.
Use force = TRUE to force installation

I then use the suggested force=True' with this command:
library(remotes)
update_packages("microbiomeSeq", force = TRUE)

I got this warning again:
Warning message:
update_packages(force = TRUE) is deprecated and has no effect.

Skipping install of 'microbiomeSeq' from a github remote, the SHA1 (ffa00906) has not changed since the last install.
Use force = TRUE to force installation

What can I do to install this package (microbiomeseq) as I am following a tutorial? If not, is there any other package I can use in place of the package;micrbiomeseq'. I also want to know if such a solution can be used for any other package that doesn't have a recent version for a particular R Studio version.
Thank you.

My interpretation would be that the code you are asking to install hasnt changed since the previous time you installed from there. I.e. you have the latest. So you dont need to go get it.
Just load it and us it ?
Does require(microbiomeSeq) give True or False ?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.