How to insert a new column in a forest plot - meta-analysis?

Dear,
I want to add an extra column in my forest plot. For example, I have a Column for Author+Year but I need an extra one to include different information such as Country of the studies or diagnosis approaches.

Thanks!
All the best.

Can you show what you have so far? I don't have a lot of experience with forest plots so not sure what exactly is the problem.

Also, I've moved your post to "General" since "meta" is not about meta-analysis, but about meta questions about the forum.

Dear Mishabalyasin,
I have the forest plot of proportion (total positive/total analysed). So in the first column of the graph, I have the Author and year but I want to have an extra column to include information about the country. I am afraid I do not know how to attach images to this message. Please apologise.

All the best.

Are you trying to get something like this?

label <- glue::glue("author {1:6}, {2001:2006}")
mean  <- c(1.29,0.76,2.43,1.68,1.22,1.7) 
lower <- c(0.84,0.50,1.58,1.1,0.8,1.11)
upper <- c(1.95,1.16,3.67,2.54,1.85,2.56)

df <- data.frame(label, mean, lower, upper)

# reverses the factor level ordering for labels after coord_flip()
df$label <- factor(df$label, levels=rev(df$label))

library(ggplot2)
fp <- ggplot(data=df, aes(x=label, y=mean, ymin=lower, ymax=upper)) +
  geom_pointrange() + 
  geom_hline(yintercept=1, lty=2) +  # add a dotted line at x=1 after flip
  coord_flip() +  # flip coordinates (puts labels on y axis)
  xlab("Label") + ylab("Mean (95% CI)") +
  theme_bw()  # use a white background
print(fp)

Created on 2019-03-21 by the reprex package (v0.2.1)

If so, can you put example of your data into the reprex I've posted?
In general, it's much more helpful if you can provide a reprex, since this way we'll solve your problem much more easily. Here is more info here - FAQ: What's a reproducible example (`reprex`) and how do I create one?

Dear,
I am so sorry that I a really new in this. I will che what a replex is. Just in advance here is the script that I use.

prop_MEF <- metaprop(datos$Positive, datos$n, studlab=paste(Author, Year, sep=", "),
data = datos,
sm="PFT",comb.fixed=TRUE, comb.random=FALSE,
method.tau="DL")

forest(prop_MEF,fs.study.labels=7,fs.study=7,ff.study=1, col.study="black",col.inside="black",
fs.hetstat=8,fs.test.overall=8,fontsize=8,spacing=1.1,
fs.heading=8,fs.fixed.labels=8,
xlab= "Proportion Maintaining Adherence (95% CI)",col.diamond.fixed="gray",
xlim= c(0,1))

Which package metaprop and forest functions come from? Can you just add information you need into the studlab=paste(Author, Year, sep=", ")? You already have Author and Year there, so other information can be pasted in as well or are there some problems with that approach.

I do encourage you to take a look at reprex link I gave you. You can share sample of your data with us and it will much easier to help you with this question.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.