How to make Shiny Dashboard with ODK Data

Hi all,

I am Narendra Singh, I am looking for a shiny dashboard where I am collecting data with the help of ODK(Kobo) , My data has api and now I want that with the help of that API , my data will be show on real time with the help of shiny dashboard.
I am new to shiny . If any one has any learning path than feel free to guide me.

Best,
@narendra-data

hi Narendra, the tutorials on the shiny website is a good place to get started

1 Like

Yes, I gone through with those link and I am able able to make dashboard with the help of these tutorials . However, I am unable to get any link for calling through api data.

Best,
@narendra-data

So perhaps your question is not about shiny since you learned / can learn shiny from tutorials.
The question is how to access ODK api ?
I searched a little and found this, perhaps it is relevant.
rapidsurveys/odkr: Open Data Kit R API (github.com)

1 Like

I am doing the same thing.

First, you have to learn how to access the api if you dont know how (httr::get()).
Second, do your data processing in separate scripts (especially if you have a LOT of cleaning to do)
Then finally create a shiny app.

Unless you have your own server, I strongly suggest against displaying your data in real time. I am doing the same thing as you and the get requests takes a while to load (more than 2 sec) which will make your webapp feel less snappy. You can save your data in a cache using saveRDS() and ?readRDS() so your app wont have to make a get request every single time.

From the Plumber API, how do you use "separate scripts"? Do you use callr, or future.callr? What about library and package loading - how can they done once for multiple requests or scripts? With multiple clients for the Plumber API router, I would want to use asynchronous background processing . What's the best way to do that with Plumber?

Thanks for your response, I gone through with the R package ODKR and found that this package is all about data collection and data processing. It is not about data cleaning and data visualization.

Best,
@narendra-data

I was looking for an API where I can process data and I found one which is "ruODK" , This helps me to process data and I am able to call it into shiny dashboard.

Best,
@narendra-data

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.