How to predict future time series points from a set of available values in R

Hi all. I am completely new to R platform.
I want to predict the future points in a time series which are completely missing from a input series.

I found many approach suggesting to provide the full dataset and then divide it into train and test part which further calculating the predicted value according to that test part.

But my question is however a bit different. I was trying to predict the future or say missing value of a portion within the time series.
for e.g. I have the input series- 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80; then it should predict the next 5 points of the series.
Any relevant suggestion will be great for me to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, and welcome!

Please see the FAQ: What's a reproducible example (`reprex`) and how do I do one? Using a reprex, complete with representative data will attract quicker and more answers.

For this type of general question, it's not strictly necessary, though.

The forecast package has the functionality to do that, taking an argument, h to set the number of periods to be forecast. You'll want to go through the first few chapters of Forecasting Principles and Practice

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.