How to run WRS2 package on SPSS25?

Hi,
I have a problem installing the "WRS2" package to my SPSS 25 version. I installed R.3.3.3 and also did the "hello - R" check and it worked. However, whenever I am trying to run the "install.packages("WRS2")" code - this is what I get:
(Sorry it is German :upside_down_face:)

BEGIN PROGRAM R.

install.packages("WRS2")

END PROGRAM.
Installiere Paket nach 'C:/ProgramData/IBM/SPSS/Statistics/25/extensions'
(da 'lib' nicht spezifiziert)
--- Bitte einen CRAN Spiegel für diese Sitzung auswählen ---

Es gibt eine Binärversion, jedoch ist der Quelltext neuer:
binary source needs_compilation
WRS2 0.9-2 0.10-0 FALSE

installiere Quellpaket 'WRS2'

trying URL 'https://cloud.r-project.org/src/contrib/WRS2_0.10-0.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 693822 bytes (677 KB)
downloaded 677 KB

Die heruntergeladenen Quellpakete sind in
'C:\Users\Benjamin Schmid\AppData\Local\Temp\spss4276\RtmpodyAGp\downloaded_packages'
Warning messages:
1: running command '"C:/Program Files/R/R-3.3.3/bin/x64/R" CMD INSTALL -l "C:\ProgramData\IBM\SPSS\Statistics\25\extensions" C:\Users\BENJAM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\spss4276\RtmpodyAGp/downloaded_packages/WRS2_0.10-0.tar.gz' had status 1
2: In install.packages("WRS2") :
Installation des Pakets 'WRS2' hatte Exit-Status ungleich 0
BEGIN PROGRAM R.

As I desperately need this package to run robust measurements, I am happy for any help and advice you can give me here :slight_smile:

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards,
Ben

Does SPSS only works with R 3.3.3? Current version is 3.5.3 and whenever there is a problem with package installation, often times it helps to update to the most current version.

Also, can you try installing this package directly in R? The error message you actually get is not shown, as far as I can tell.

Finally, do you have Rtools installed? Since you are on Windows and this package requires compilation, it will only work if you have Rtools on your machine. Keep in mind that Rtools is not an R package, but program on its own.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.