How to select R lib folder for a specific Rshiny app to run from?

Hi all,

I'm helping develop an Rshiny dashboard application. Currently I'm trying to distribute the Rshiny app prototype to users in my organization. Since these users don't have R and Rstudio installed on their PC, I tried to install R on a shared drive which I did successfully. Along with the R installation on the shared drive, I also have a library folder. Now in the past I could of just followed these steps:
http://rstudio-pubs-static.s3.amazonaws.com/3269_a6682dfda37e411fb5e0e6699495cdc4.html

Which in return would allow me to run the Rshiny app. Now when my organization has transitioned to OneDrive and I try to run the shiny app, I get the following error:

require(shiny)
Loading required package: shiny
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'shiny' in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
unable to load shared object 'C:/Users/username/OneDrive/Documents/R/win-library/4.1/rlang/libs/x64/rlang.dll':
LoadLibrary failure: The cloud file provider is not running.

In general, I'm just really confused on how I can set up to have my R shiny app run from the shared drive to not require users to have R and RStudio installed. I know there are web hosting solutions for this but I'd like to find a solution for my question because we are in the testing phase of the app and want to showcase it without paying money for hosting or making the data publicly available.

I should add, when I run:

if (file.exists("~/.Rprofile"))
    readLines("~/.Rprofile")

if (file.exists("~/.Renviron"))
    readLines("~/.Renviron")

Sys.getenv()[grep("^R_", names(Sys.getenv()))]

I get:
R_ARCH /x64
R_COMPILED_BY gcc 8.3.0
R_DOC_DIR C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-41~1.2/doc
R_HOME C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-41~1.2
R_LIBS_USER C:/Users/nkachanyuk/OneDrive - Marion County/Documents/R/win-library/4.1
R_USER C:/Users/nkachanyuk/OneDrive - Marion County/Documents

I'm just wondering if any of these file paths need to be changed since the OneDrive location shows up in the error message? But again, I don't know which file path would need to be updated to shared file location so that users from different PCs can run the app from the shared folder location. And if possible to also leave the settings on my PC just in case the files get corrupted in shared drive, so that I can access from my personal location (OneDrive)

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.