How to use QUARTO extensions ?

Hi,

I an slowly making transition from Rmarkdown to Quarto. My questions is how to use quarto extensions like the following:

https://robjhyndman.com/hyndsight/quarto_templates.html

How can I benefit from using this extensions ? Is it for MS Word or only for pdf ?

Hi @Andrzej,

You have to dig in to each extension a little bit to see what formats they offer. For the extensions in the link you provided, it looks like they are PDF only.

In general, there are two ways you can use Quarto extensions:

1. You are starting a new Quarto project and want to use the recommended template.
quarto use template ...
  1. You have an existing Quarto project and want to use a new extension/format.
quarto install extension ...

The first option will create the directory, install the extension, and copy over the template for you to start working on. The second option will simply install the extension in the working directory and it will now be available for you to use.

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you very much @mattwarkentin, for your kind help and reply.

Where do I run this, in console or terminal ?

Yes, sorry, that command needs to be run in a terminal.

FWIW doc is here: Quarto – Managing Extensions

Hope you managed to installed your extensions !

Hopefully the extensions author has documentation for you for each template. Usually with format extension, the name gives hint like letter-pdf means it will be a variant of pdf format.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.