How to work with Vector Tiles files from an API call, Shiny?

Is there a way to use a vector tile API call from MapBox as input into a shiny app? My original thought was of turning it into a data frame then use that as input, but I'm not sure if that's the correct approach.

I have no working data set to share as I I'm not familiar enough with API calls or working with vector tiles, but I believe this vector tile is working.

https://studio.mapbox.com/tilesets/mapbox.hist-pres-election-state-points/
# ################################################################################################
# ################################################################################################
#Libaries
library(shiny)
library(shinydashboard)
library(dplyr)
library(mapdeck)

################################################################################################
################################################################################################
#UI
ui <- dashboardPage(
    dashboardHeader(), 
    dashboardSidebar(), 
    dashboardBody( mapdeckOutput(outputId = 'mapA'))
)

server <- function(input, output) {

##The MapDeck token
    key <- ''  ## put your own token here
    set_token(key) 

#The Inputdata
    url <- '' ## vector tile API call here
    FileIn <- data.frame()  ## a dataframe from the vector tile from MapBox to use as input for maps.

### The Map
    output$mapA <- renderMapdeck({
        mapdeck(
            style = mapdeck_style('dark')) %>%
            add_scatterplot(
                data = FileIn,
                radius = 8000,
                layer_id = 'point',
                update_view = FALSE)
    })

}

shinyApp(ui = ui, server = server)

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.