HTTP Error 504 when downloading data from the internet

Hello all, I was hoping someone could direct me to resolve an issue that's been plaguing my code for a little while. I frequently use the baseballr package to download csv data from Baseball Savant. It has worked exceptionally well for me before, but recently it has been acting weird. For instance, this would be a line of code that I would write from the package.

set = statcast_search(start_date = "2022-09-13", end_date = "2022-09-20", player_type = "pitcher")

This asks the function to return data from MLB pitchers from September 13 to September 20. Admittedly this is a large sample of data (about 30,000 objects), but it's worked perfectly fine for me before. Now, I'm getting this error below.

HTTP error 504.Error in value[[3L]](cond) : No payload acquired

From what I've gathered, this may be an issue with the server I'm running the code on. I have recently moved, and the issue arose afterward, so this may be a likely culprit. I'm just hoping someone may have a more direct answer for me or at least be able to point me to the right resources.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.