I can´t install packages on R studio, "non-zero exit status".

Haven't been on R since April, but I having problems that have never happen before. I am trying to install the 'devtools' package and it will say it downloaded, but then it dissapears because of the "non-zero exit status".

• installing source package 'devtools' ...
    ** package 'devtools' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** R
    ** inst
    ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
    Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :
    namespace 'processx' 3.3.0 is being loaded, but >= 3.4.0 is required
    ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'devtools'
  • removing 'C:/This/User/R/win-library/3.5/devtools'
    In R CMD INSTALL
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘devtools’ had non-zero exit status

So then I tried to update the process x package and get this message, alongside the same non-zero exit status.

WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

Can't solve this, have no idea what's going on. My R Studio is full updated, installed and reinstalled it and so on.

You are using an old R version so there are no precompiled binaries available for you and you have to install from source, for that you need to have Rtools installed in your system (not in R), you can download it from here
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/history.html
Although I would strongly recommend to update R to the latest version (4.0.2)so you can have access to precompiled binaries which are way easier to install.

Ok, thank you for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.