I cant install any packages although I have tried all the methods. Can you help??

I try to install "poibin" package however I failed. Then, I have tried any other package however R returns errors.

install.packages("poibin", lib = "C:/Users/Z�lal/Documents/R/win-library/4.0")
Warning in install.packages :
'lib = "C:/Users/Z<U+FFFD>lal/Documents/R/win-library/4.0"' is not writable
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/4.0/poibin_1.5.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 50056 bytes (48 KB)
downloaded 48 KB

package ‘poibin’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\Zülal\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpMtDpE4\downloaded_packages

----> Then, I check the library path is writable. But I got the same error again.

By the way, I try to install package with Rstudio Tools --> Install packages part. Again , I got the same error.

Could you please help me? I have to fix that problem immediately. It is crucial for my thesis.

R has problems with non-ASCII characters in your Windows user name (i.e. Ü), I recommend you to set your package library somewhere else (Personally I prefer using the system level package library).

You can change the default library folder by setting your R_LIBS_SITE environmental variable on a .Reviron or .Rprofile file. For example:

# In a .Renviron file you can set it by adding a line like this one with the desired location 
R_LIBS_SITE="C:\\Program Files\\R\\R-4.1.1\\library"

For a more detailed explanation, you can read this blog post

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.