I have not been able to install packages since yesterday. I am doing a university project and I need to solve this error

Uploading: image.jpg...

What errors or messages occur when you try?

package ‘psych’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Error in install.packages : ERROR: failed to lock directory ‘C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\R\win-library\4.2’ for modifying
Try removing ‘C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\R\win-library\4.2/00LOCK’

I'm new to community

Some hiccup left this blocker behind, which needs fixing.

The problem is that I don't know where to look for the file that must be deleted or with what name to look for it, I speak Spanish and I translate the messages but I don't know how to find the folder that refers to the R error

If your user name on the computer is Jery, open any folder and enter the following in the address bar near the top

C:\Users\Jery\AppData\Local\R\win-library\4.2

That should take you to the folder containing the 00Lock file.

1 Like

Eso está bien. Su sistema operativo es «Windows». Han pasado muchos años desde que usé esto, pero aún debe haber un buscador de archivos que permita buscar y luego eliminar archivos llamados «00LOCK». (Traducción de una aplicación).

GRACIAS A TODOS , LOGRE SOLUCIONAR EL PROBLEMA, ME SIRVIO MUCHO SUS CONCEJOS

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.