I need help: problem with RStudio, screen is white

Hello everybody

I have a problem with my RStudio program. When I open the program it is a white window with only the basic line on top (file, edit, code, view, plots, session, build, debug, profile, tools, help). Even these features do not react and show any movements if I tip on them. My screen looks like on this photo:

I installed the version RStudio 1.1.456 – Windows Vista/7/8/10.

There is no error message appearing. I can simply do nothing.

I have never launched RStudio in the past. But what I tried to fix it are the following steps:

• Updated my laptop (surface 01, windows 10 pro)
  • Reinstalled both programs (RStudio and Rx64 3.5.1, where I installed Rx64 3.5.1 before RStudio)
  • Since no feature in the program reacts no steps in RStudio itself were done
  • I also checked all the solution from your website (RStudio Desktop Will Not Start)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Some things you can try:

• You can try resetting RStudio's state: https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200534577-Resetting-RStudio-Desktop-s-State

• You can try launching RStudio with a different version of R. Try holding the Ctrl key as you launch RStudio -- RStudio should present you with a dialog of all discovered R installations on your system. Does choosing a different version help?

• You might also try to ensure that you don't have an abnormally large .RData file in your home directory / project folder that could be inhibiting R's startup.

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately, I am not able to resetting Rstutio since I can not tip anything into the white field.
When I tried the second point it appeared that: R does not appear to be installed. But I surely installed the program. I dont understand why RStutio cannot find the program. When I put in the Location where it is stored, the screen remains White.
Your third recommendation couldn't solve the problem either.

Hi Vkaenzig!

Close RStudio and delete the following files:

1. C: > users > username > AppData > Local > RStudio-Desktop
  2. C: > users > username > AppData > Roaming > RStudio

Dive back into RStudio. (No restart required.)

Logic: The causes and symptoms can vary, but clearing these files flushes the program - data (working files) saved elsewhere will remain.

Enjoy!

shawn

1 Like