I need help with an ERROR for SSDforR

Hi,
I am on a MACosx10.5 and am having trouble installing SSDforR.
Can someone please help me???

The following error is popping up;

ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘curl’

• removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/curl’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘curl’ had non-zero exit status
  • installing source package ‘psych’ ...
    ** package ‘psych’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** R
    ** data
    *** moving datasets to lazyload DB
    ** inst
    ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
    ** help
    *** installing help indices
    ** building package indices
    ** installing vignettes
    ** testing if installed package can be loaded
  • DONE (psych)
  • installing source package ‘TSA’ ...
    ** package ‘TSA’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** R
    ** data
    ** preparing package for lazy loading
    ** help
  • DONE (TSA)
  • installing source package ‘MAd’ ...
    ** package ‘MAd’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** R
    ** data
    ** inst
    ** preparing package for lazy loading
    ** help
  • DONE (MAd)
    ERROR: dependency ‘zoo’ is not available for package ‘xts’
  • removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/xts’
    installation of package ‘xts’ had non-zero exit status
    ERROR: dependencies ‘xts’, ‘zoo’, ‘curl’ are not available for package ‘TTR’
  • removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/TTR’
    installation of package ‘TTR’ had non-zero exit status
    ERROR: dependencies ‘TTR’, ‘metafor’ are not available for package ‘SSDforR’
  • removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/SSDforR’
    installation of package ‘SSDforR’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/t1/02xtw7697h3_q31jxmpqfmv40000gq/T/Rtmp1pOnuX/downloaded_packages’

These are all available in binary form for Mojave. CRAN doesn't archive old binaries and the errors you get are compilation errors because XCode and its command line utilities are out-of-date or, in a few cases, non-standard. I just installed "SSDforR" successfully without any compilation required.

My suggestion is to upgrade to Mojave.

I'm just seeing a lot of missing dependencies, try with this command

install.packages("SSDforR", dependencies = TRUE)

thank you
I tried the command but it still is not working.
What about this error?
dependency ‘metafor’ is not available

Again, on Mojave metafor installs in under 10 seconds. An operating system that is nine versions behind will run into these problems again and again. Do yourself a favor and get OS current.

Well this is happening because metafor package requires R >= 3.5 and apparently you are using 3.3 version, you would need to update R to being able to install this package.

1 Like

What is Mojave matafor?

metafor is an R package that's needed to run SSDforR and Mojave is the latest version of the operating system for Apple laptops and desktops. Mojave's versions of developer tools needed to compile programs is not totally consistent with the programs used in packages like metafor. Usually, this isn't a problem because a pre-compiled, "binary," version is also available.

Those binaries are archived only for a few years, at most, and then only the source code is kept. Unless you have more than beginner skills in programming, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to get the source code of metafor to compile on your out-of-date operating system version.

Short answer, if you don't bring your operating system up-to-date, the Mojave version, for which there is a binary metafor you are not going to be able to install SSDforR.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.