I would like a button on RStudio Editor that performs `quarto publish`

Hi,
I'm writing here to ask if a RStudio feature exists but I'm not able to find it, or if it does not exist; and in that case I suggest to implement it in future releases of RStudio.

I use RStudio 2022.07.1 on Windows 11, with bundled Quarto 1.0.36.

If I create a Quarto .qmd document with

format: html

or

format: revealjs

I can publish it to GitHub Pages typing in terminal quarto publish gh-pages and the document name.

I think it would be really helpful to have a button on RStudio Editor that performs this action (like the Render button), instead to have to open the terminal and everytime write the command...

Is this button already somewhere, and I'm not been able to find it?

Otherwise, I would be very happy to find this feature in the next version of RStudio!

I have a publish button in RStudio (see below for version information) when I edit a .qmd document.
Never used it however.

(RStudio 2022.11.0-daily+87 "Elsbeth Geranium" Daily (ae239e0ebcd535016ceab06ea7523ba4a80ab21f, 2022-08-05) for Windows
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) RStudio/2022.11.0-daily+87 Chrome/102.0.5005.167 Electron/19.0.10 Safari/537.36)

Thank you for the reply!
I have it, too, but it lets me publish through RPubs and RStudio Connect; whereas I would like to publish through quarto publish

Sorry to hear that this does not work for you.
I found the page https://quarto.org/docs/publishing/github-pages.html
but that does not mention shortcuts/buttons.

Doesn't exist yet! We hope to add this in an upcoming release.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.