paid / Cambodia and remote / 4.0 months of intermittent input over 12 months of the project
ICEM – International Centre for Environmental Management is an award-winning independent technical service centre that assists government, private sector and communities to define and implement policies for sustainable development. Established in Australia 1999, ICEM has its regional headquarters in Hanoi and is staffed by full-time international and national technical and administrative personnel.
ICEM works in Asia and the Pacific - especially in the Mekong countries and focuses on climate change, water resources management, disaster risk management, resilience, renewable energy, environmental assessment, environmental economics, nature based solutions and biodiversity conservation. ICEM seeks to integrate environmental concerns with development through spatial planning, modelling, socio-economic analysis and environmental assessment tools.
ICEM is preparing a proposal for the UN-financed project in Cambodia titled “Climate risk assessment for subnational adaptation and establishment of a local climate information system for climate change adaptation (LISA) in Cambodia”, and we are now looking for an Expert in web design and development (international) who will have about 4.0 months of intermittent input over 12 months of the project tentatively starting in late 2021.
Applicants should have following qualifications:
• Master’s degree or above (or equivalent experience) in information technology, computer science or an affiliated major;
• At least 8 years of experience in the design and/or development of the web-based information systems/platforms (with experience in the web-based climate information systems/platforms preferred);
• At least 5 references demonstrating experience in designing and developing web-based information systems/platforms in developing countries;
• Expertise is using the R programming language required, and preferably experience in applying R's Shiny web application framework package to web app development;
• Experience in organising workshops and/or capacity building trainings; and
• Previous experience in the Southeast Asia would be valued.
Applicants should be fluent in English with proven writing and presentation skills and advanced computer software skills working with MS office.
Apply: To apply, send an updated CV along with monthly fee rate to ICEM at Ms. Nguyen Thi Luyen (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). For more information about ICEM, visit www.icem.com.au. Applications close on 17 September 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.