IDE Terminal does not show icons from ZSH and powerlevel10k

IDE Terminal does not show icons

For some reason I have trouble selecting a custom font in the RStudio integrated terminal. I run macOS Monterey v12.4 on an M1 Max chip with ZSH 5.8.1 configured with the Powerlevel10K theme. I'm only allowed to post 1 image as a new user..

The terminal font is: SourceCodePro+Powerline+Awesome+Regular and I've downloaded the .tff file from a GitHub repo and installed this exact font in the Apple FontBook (for the Computer, not User!). Somehow the font does not show up in the RStudio IDE environment. I installed Source Code Pro earlier and that font family does show up in the RStudio options.

I am able to configure this SourceCodePro+Powerline+Awesome+Regular font in VSC but I've tried everything for R. I know... for sure not a big deal but I just bothers me that that one tiny detail looks off while working in R.

Anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue? Or how to approach it? Perhaps I should reconfigure powerlevel10k to another font...

Kind regards,
Max

Update
I was able to get this working in the daily build of the IDE by choosing a patched font in Preferences, e.g. see terminal window with FiraCodeNerdFontComplete selected below:

Old
If I use my default p10k setup in RStudio terminal (which also involves patched nerd fonts), I have the same result. I think this is due to the fact that not all fonts are supported in the IDE terminal (see, e.g. the issue from the IDE GitHub repo, below)

EDIT I can't actually figure out how to do what's suggested below for the RStudio terminal, as running echo $TERM_PROGRAM in the Terminal pane doesn't return anything.

You can disable/enable p10k in your zshrc based on what terminal program is being used (I do this for Warp, for example, which doesn't support powerlevel10k)

Not really a solution, but thought you might want to if the missing icons bug you.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.