I'm not able to Knit after I install new version of R, Rstudio and Rtools

Dear all,
After I install R 4.2.2, Rtools42, and RStudio-2022-12.0-353, I constantly receive the error message below whenever I knit Rmarkdown in any output. I'm not able to pin down the issue because I receive the same error when I knit a basic Rmarkdown file (i.e. the basic one generated by RStudio). Please, let me know if you need further descriptions to help me.

Error in xfun::normalize_path(path, ..., must_work = must_work, resolve_symlink = FALSE) : **
** unused argument (resolve_symlink = FALSE)

Calls: -> normalize_path
Execution halted

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem. Every time I try to knit (to PDF, HTML) I get this error:

Error in xfun::normalize_path(path, ..., must_work = must_work, resolve_symlink = FALSE) :
unused argument (resolve_symlink = FALSE)
Calls: -> normalize_path
Ejecución interrumpida

I have tried to change the location of the path, reinstall R and Rstudio, update xfun, markdown and knit packages, but nothing is working.

I also notice that my other rmd files that were knited perfectly in the past, now are not working either.

Please, if someone has any ideas of what might be the problem...

I have a solution! Try to remove the package "xfun" from the packages section. And reinstall. Now I can knit to PDF. That is what worked for me, I hope it helps!

4 Likes

Have you updated R from and older version?, if so, you also need to update your R packages to make sure they are compiled for the new version, you can do it with this command

update.packages(checkBuilt =TRUE, ask = FALSE)
1 Like

Thanks so much, Lucy3 for your quick answer. I have just tried it and it worked out.

Thank you so much andresrcs for your quick answer. I finally knit it after I remove and update xfun after Lucy3 suggestion.

This also worked for me just now. I had an outdated version of xfun that I think knitting was using, and updating that fixed it. (The error message didn't suggest to me that this is what it was, so thanks lucy3.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.