Importing multiple CSV data files and merging them

Hello everyone!

I feel like this is going to be super simple for many of you, but I am trying to import 12 .csv data files in a folder (i.e., data1.csv, data2.csv, data3.csv, ... , data12.csv) and then merge all of them into one big data file by column names. Note that all data files have the same column names.

Thank you!

Try this: the idea is to apply the function in lapply to each file in your directory, which results in a list of dataframes. bind_rows then collapses all the elements in that list into one big dataframe.

dir_name <- #your directory name here

dfs <- lapply(
    file.list(dir_name),
    function(file) {
        read.csv(file)
    }
)

dplyr::bind_rows(dfs)

Perhaps one of these?

Hi HTP,

The below is what I use to merge various files together. In my example, the column "Barcode" is used, but as always, nomenclature can be changed to fit your desires.

CSVcombined = full_join(CSV1, CSV2, by = "Barcode")

Created on 2022-05-03 by the reprex package (v2.0.0)
This assumes you have already imported the files. I ususally do this manually since I run this quite often, and the file directories are never in consistent places.

Hope this helps,

Q

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.