India NSS 64th Round Schedule 10.2 (Block 3 - "household size" item)

Hi guys! The "household size" item, which is the 1st item in block 3 of Schedule 10.2, has a width of 2 - However, some numbers has "0" in front of it which doesn't make sense - I checked that even if there’s no 0 in front of the number - the number itself is not correct. Please see attached photo of the data in R - please refer to the "HHSize" variable. Anyone knows what is wrong? I used the following codes to read the fixed-width data:

"Block3 <- read_fwf(
file="file path",
fwf_widths(c(34,2,5,2,5,3,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,2,2,8, 2,2,2,8,2,36), c("CommonID", "Level", "Filler", "HHSize", "NIC_2004Code", "NCO_2004Code", "HHType", "Religion", "SGroup", "LandPossessed", "MigratedDummy", "Location_LResidence", "PMigration", "RMigration", "FormerMDummy", "MaleN", "FemaleN", "Remittances", "Use1", "Use2", "Use3", "HHExpend", "SpecialCha", "Blank")), col_types = NULL)"

I think this is a question for the folks producing this dataset.

I would share a link to the documentation on this dataset, and the original source of this data if you'd like help digging deeper.

1 Like

Dear EconomiCurtis,

This is the link, thank you so much for your help!

Best,
Zixi

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.