Input lag (cursor, script viewer, folding/unfolding code, etc.)

Hi,

My RStudio (Version 1.4.1717) is incredibly laggy.

E.g., when folding/unfolding code in a script, it the script viewer freezes for several seconds. During that time I cannot scroll, type, move my cursor, or pretty much do anything else in the viewer. This also happens when I move the cursor from the console viewer to the script viewer, when I return to RStudio via alt-tab, and probably there's a ton of other actions that trigger these freezes.

Any idea on how to fix this? It is pretty much impossible to work in RStudio with these constant freezes.

Kind regards,
LKLK

For anyone experiencing the same issue who may stumble on this topic: I solved it by turning off real time spell-checking (tools > global options > spelling > under 'checking', untick box 'Use real time spell-checking'.

First thought it may have been an issue with my old GPU: after using an older RStudio version (1.3 ~) it was resolved (figured my old GPU wasn't compatible with the newer RStudio version). Of course this older version misses features so it wasn't a very good solution. Then a week later I upgraded to a modern GPU and it turns out that GPU incompatibility was not the issue. I still experienced the freezes in RStudio 1.4 ~ with my modern GPU. Tried all the different rendering settings and nothing helped, also using the latest preview build didn't make a difference. Then by a wild guess/some coincidence turning off this real time spell-checking option made the problem dissapear...

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.