Insert citation not recognizing all Zotero entries

In RMarkdown visual markdown editor mode, when I attempt to insert a citation from my Zotero library, not all items in Zotero library are available.

I've configured my RStudio environment to access my local Zotero library:

I've also install the Better BibTeX for Zotero plug add on.

When I try to insert a new citation, however, not all Zotero items are found. For example, I have the following article stored in my Zotero library:

Underwood, J. M., Brener, N., Thornton, J., Harris, W. A., Bryan, L. N., Shanklin, S. L., Deputy, N., Roberts, A. M., Queen, B., Chyen, D., Whittle, L., Lim, C., Yamakawa, Y., Leon-Nguyen, M., Kilmer, G., Smith-Grant, J., Demissie, Z., Jones, S. E., Clayton, H., & Dittus, P. (2020). Overview and Methods for the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System—United States, 2019. MMWR Supplements , 69 (1), 1–10. Overview and Methods for the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System — United States, 2019 | MMWR

but it does not appear when I attempt to insert it as a citation in RStudio

Any suggestions to get access to my full Zotero library in RStudio?

R version 4.1.3 (2022-03-10)
RStudio version 2021.09.0 Build 351
Zotero version 6.0.4

Thanks!

It seems that the issue was the IDE version. I didn't realize it was so out of date. I updated to RStudio version 2022.02.1 Build 461 and the insert citation functionality is behaving as expected.

1 Like

If your question's been answered (even by you!), would you mind choosing a solution? It helps other people see which questions still need help, or find solutions if they have similar problems. Here’s how to do it:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.