Install packages loading forever

package-installation

Hi, I am running code on RStudio, and cannot get past the install.packages("caret") section of the code, it's been loading for a day. I downloaded the newest version of R, and it has been no avail. Could it be not connecting correctly, or is there another reason this library won't load?
Thanks!

0 Likes

Your experience strongly suggests network congestion between your connection and the repository. In the top menu choose Tools | Global Options | Packages | Management | Primary CRAN repository | Change (10-15 seconds for the list to come up) and pick a mirror that's geographically closer.

The caret package is less than 5.0 MB. Anything longer than a minute shouldn't be happening even if minor network congestion is occurring.

0 Likes

I tried changing the CRAN repository from the Global (CDN) - RStudio connection, to the one nearest to me, and the line install.packages("caret") still remains loading. Could anything else be causing this?
Thanks!

0 Likes

Is your internet connection behind a proxy server or firewall? This is usually the case when you are at work or school

0 Likes

Nope, I am on my home internet. The package installation has worked in the past; it began asking me continually to restart RStudio as it said my version was out of date, and now that I downloaded the new version of R - 3.5, it only loads without running. Other libraries such as ggplot2 and gridExtra will load, but not the caret library or its package installation. Any help is greatly appreciated-

0 Likes

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

0 Likes