install packages - not available for this version of R

I'm having trouble installing both packages MicrobiomeSeq and MicrobiomeUtilities, it keeps saying: Warning in install.packages : package ‘microbiomeSeq’ is not available for this version of R

A version of this package for your version of R might be available elsewhere, see the ideas at R Installation and Administration

When you use the install.packages function in R, it looks for that package in the CRAN repo setup on your system. However neither of those packages appear to be on CRAN, returning they error message.

When you run into this error it’s useful to double check you’ve spelled everything correctly, and to pull up the docs for the package to see if they have special installation instructions. For example both of these have you install them via GitHub.

You can find the installation instructions for each on their packages repos, see below.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I tried the command for microbiomeSeq but got this error:

ERROR: dependency 'KMDA' is not available for package 'microbiomeSeq'

• removing 'C:/Users/14142/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/microbiomeSeq'
    Warning message:
    In i.p(...) :
    installation of package ‘C:/Users/Public/Documents/Wondershare/CreatorTemp/Rtmpc7iXOi/file7643cdd730b/microbiomeSeq_0.1.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

library(microbiomeSeq)
Error in library(microbiomeSeq) :
there is no package called ‘microbiomeSeq’

Do you know if there is another way to get the package?

Try to install the package KMDA alone before the microbiomeSeq, like:

install.packages("KMDA")
library(devtools)
install_github("umerijaz/microbiomeSeq") 

Before run the second line, check your console for errors.

I'm still getting the same error:

ERROR: dependency 'KMDA' is not available for package 'microbiomeSeq'

• removing 'C:/Users/14142/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/microbiomeSeq'
    Warning message:
    In i.p(...) :
    installation of package ‘C:/Users/Public/Documents/Wondershare/CreatorTemp/RtmpcFax2v/file390c7d4e5923/microbiomeSeq_0.1.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

KMDA is no longer in CRAN and it seems it is an abandoned project. You can try to install it from the GitHub mirror but there is no guarantee it is going to work.

remotes::install_github("cran/KMDA")
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.